Sunday 12 July 2015

The Production - What a Show!

On Friday the 10th July, I ventured to Mid Kent College to see the production of Pride Lands by Razzamataz. I had also helped out before the show was performed, making adjustments to some of the masks for them to fit smaller children, sewing fur on leotards and generally assisting in the costume department.
The first half of the show was a series of numbers from different musicals and fairy tales, remixed into short and cheeky dances, songs and stories. This is when most of the younger performers of Razzamataz strutted their stuff, and the length of some of the pieces they remembered was impressive.
The second half of the performance was what I'd truly been waiting for, and seeing the work I'd been so heavily involved with being worn and enjoyed by all the talented actors was amazing. I got a bit emotional! I was blown away by the style and coherence of the play, boasting a fantastic mix of song, dance and narrative that was truly complimented by the massive range of costumes. To top it all off, nothing fell off or broke - I'm sure this would be a concern for any costume and prop maker's first production..!
It truly was a fantastic, inspiring night and the whole experience has lead me on to want to be involved with this type of work for the rest of my life. After working with such a fantastic team, it would be a dream to be a costume, prop and set designer and maker for Razzamataz, or any small, energetic theatre company.

No comments:

Post a Comment